One of the most attractive, but also competitive regions when it comes to hunting jobs in Canada, is the Greater Toronto Area. People who migrate to Canada, looking for a higher standard of living, know that a good job is always the first step of the ladder. With the workforce being an increasingly mobile one, with market trends changing way too often, finding a decent job is in no way, a piece of cake.
Anyone seeking a job is required to have some basic information regarding the fresh labor market so that they can match their skills to the available opportunities. The same applies to employers as well; their knowledge of prevalent skills in the market can give them an idea as to how they can train their staff better for the job.
The prospects of jobs differ by industries, occupations, as well as sectors in Canada.
Here are some of the top industries in Canada, offering the best employment opportunities in the country:
- Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction
- Information and Cultural industries
- Finance and Insurance
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
- Management of Companies and Enterprises
- Wholesale Trade
- Forestry, Logging, and Support
When it comes to GTA, specifically Toronto which is its largest city, these are the industries taking a lead in the market:
- Food and Beverage
- Financial Services
- Fashion and Apparel
- Life Sciences
With the unemployment rate averaging at a little more than 6% in Toronto, and 5% in Hamilton areas, these regions still hold a chance to provide decent jobs, in comparison to more competitive Edmonton, Saskatoon, St. John’s, or Calgary.
Every sector or industry has certain job profiles doing better than others. Here’s a list of job positions where people are finding better growth opportunities for themselves. These jobs are from varied sectors and have been curated, as per the demands in the Greater Toronto Area of Canada seen in the year 2018.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineer (Aerospace)
- Senior Accounts Manager – Banking, Credit, And Investment
- Fashion Reporter/Journalist
- Theatre, Fashion, Exhibit And Other Creative Designers
- Film Cameraman/woman/Videographer
- Producers, Directors, Choreographers And Related Occupations
- Manufacturing Manager (Food and Beverage)
- Production Supervisor (Food and Beverage)
- Web Designer
- UX Product Designer
- Education Counsellor
- Medical Doctor
- Computer And Information Systems Manager
- Tour Guide
- Hotel Accommodations Sales Executive
Making a career in Canada might be tough, but it’s not that tough when you have someone trustworthy by your side. If you are looking to immigrate to Canada, and need a Canada immigration consultant’s help, we’re the right people to talk about it. Canada migration agents at Aussizz Group are always more than ready to answer all your questions, and show you the right path!